The warm-up games commence today.
- An interesting report in Rediff suggests that India will play Pakistan on April 15th! How do they know? I thought they carried out an analysis similar to that which Mahesh Krishnan carried out on this blogsite. But no! They got it from the ICC website, which suggests India will come second in their Group and that Pakistan will top their Group! Huh? This is a totally wierd page from the World cricket body… [Ps: Edit two hours after I posted originally. The ICC website has now been corrected with “TBC” instead of team-names against the Super8 games.]
- West Indian captain, Brian Lara indicates that he would like his team to slowly get into their stride.
- If Sachin Tendulkar did not believe he (or the Indian Team) could play with pride and hope, he’d have been happy to stay at home.
- Andrew Symonds had a stint at the nets and survived.
- Herschelle Gibbs and Justin Kemp recover from injury scares ahead of South Africa’s warm-up game.
- Meanwhile, the Indian players warm-up ahead of their opening clash on Tuesday against The Netherlands. The focus was on Virender Sehwag when the Indian team practiced.
- Is it only me or is Ganguly looking a few years younger these days? Here he is meeting Brian Lara in a hotel lobby.
- Mike Hussey believes that Australia can regain its top ranking.
- Despite their recent implosion, Inzamam too believes that he can achieve a golden farewell from the game!
- Bishen Singh Bedi talks about the World Cup and pours out on most things, as only he can! Does Bedi like anything in the world around him? It must be hard being Bedi!
- A few Indian players celebrate “Holi”.
- Kaif does not know why he was dropped. He says he is confused and does not have any feedback on what aspects of his game he needs to improve on… Batting perhaps?
- Javed Miandad feels that Pakistan will miss Akhtar and Asif.
- There are cricket videos being released and yagyas organised to wish Team India success in the World Cup!