- India defeated The Netherlands in a warm-up game today. No surprises there.
- The big surprise in the warm-ups so far was Bangladesh stunning the Kiwis into a loss — Bangladesh is in Group-B!
- A nice article from Rohit Brijnath on Dilip Vengsarkar’s irresponsible squeak on Sehwag’s selection. He calls it a “convenient washing of hands, a bizarre distancing from a collective decision.”
- Pakistan have not yet received approval from the ICC for including Mohammed Sami and Yaseer Arafat as replacements for Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammed Asif. However, it does seem as though the medical reports are kosher.
- Viv Richards believes that West Indies can win it while Michael Holding believes that the Windies bowling will let them down at crucial moments. Meanwhile, Rameez Raja believes that Pakistan can win it. Not to be left behind, Aravinda De Silva would put his money on Sri Lanka!
- Another interview from Greg Chappell. This is, I believe, a good one. Only one question was asked And Greg Chappell rambled for over 40 minutes. He talks about vision, planning, process, failures, lessons, and much more.
- Nimbus is threatening to pull out of its TV deal with BCCI (that runs until 2010). This is after the Indian Government made it mandatory for Nimbus to share its live feed with Prasar Bharti.
- Sunil Gavaskar has been re-appointed head of ICC’s Cricket Committee.