- Now even a few astrologers have been roped in to assess India’s chances! One says India has no hope while the other says India has some hope although it will lose to Bangladesh on March 17! Maybe we can pit one against the other and ask each to predict whether the others’ prediction will turn out right?
- Rashid Latif thinks Pakistan will win the World Cup and also says that Rahul Dravid is no match for Ganguly’s aggression and motivation skills!
- While the 2003 World Cup wooed many a tourist from India, results for the 2007 edition have been disappointing so far.
- Rahul Dravid top scored  in India’s warm-up game against The Netherlands. He could well continue his amazing form in World Cups. He is probably India’s best ever World Cup batsman!
- After the win, Dravid said that he expected the top-three batsmen to make more of a fist of it. He also said he expected that there’d be, given the slow-low nature of the pitches, very few explosive batting fireworks in this tournament.
- New Zealander, Mark Gillespie, has sustained an injured bowling shoulder.
- Viv Richards thinks Australia is a spent force and will not make it 3-times-in-a-row. Meanwhile, Aamir Sohail thinks India will not make it because India does not know how to handle its fast bowlers! However, Jeetan Patel believes India is a real threat!
- The ICC has cleared Sami and Arafat as replacements for Akhtar and Asif.
- Trouble seems to follow the Pakistan team! Their team hotel had a fire scare (or was it a gas-leak scare — although the Rediff HTML page points to fire1.htm!).