The facts –
- India currently lead by 193 runs.
- Weather permitting, we may get 55 more overs today, according to CricInfo.
- Kumble is unlikely to bowl today, but we still have 4 bowlers + Tendulkar.
- Bangladesh batted 68 overs in their first innings, but were 8 wickets down in the 48th over at one stage.
- Batting on the 5th day pitch will not be as easy.
Taking all this into consideration, when should India declare? I reckon India should play just 8 overs. We should get the lead to around 230-240 and then declare. It would give us 45 overs to get them out.
If the match doesn’t start till 2:30pm – we should just declare at the overnight score. (Bangladesh requiring 194 in around 47 overs? – Game on!)
The result of the game is still very likely to be a draw, but it is worth trying…