The Indian team for the first two ODIs against Pakistan has been announced. In all likelihood, the factors that went in were
- The personalities (and the egos) of the selectors
- Horse-trading abilities of the various officials & assorted politicians
- Cricketing abilities of the players
and probably in that order :).
However, we , as loyal fans of Indian Cricket have done for decades, attempt to force it into a straight jacket of a system with goals & processes. We look for consistency, reasons and logical approaches and get frustrated.
So, looking at it from a twisted perspective, the positives are
- The youth policy for ODIs is taken a step forward
- A couple of changes to let everyone know that the Challenger trophy is relevant
- A brand new all rounder….they must have read Mohan’s posts 🙂
I would have been able to conjure up a few more positives…but I ran out of red wine last night!
Let the brickbats fly!